Monday, 27 August 2007

Somewhere At Last by Karl Powell

Man! I'm somewhere at last. Left to play, left to roam, hands in pockets, money to burn, rooms to let, looming play; burning up in dust of night, night Seville, sultry Seville, Sevilla in Seville - I'm somewhere at last! Man!
Woke up late and got up quick, didn't want to get washed up and regret not making it today. Too easy to be burnt up in bed these days - too much sleep on easy street, half asleep on lazy feet, tired eyes not looking straight, eyelids shut in midday heat.
But here! I'm somewhere at last... travelling through a million lights per hour, burning dust and being right, left to play, left to roam, streets turn up, no way back. You should see how fast I move... Man! How can your feet touch the floor? Cobblestones that burn, thighs that bump and grind, old soles travel fast, eyes collide... Man!

No comments: